Postcode Anywhere, top suppliers of the “what’s my postcode” web service, are launching a “hug-a-postie” campaign this Christmas to highlight the importance of adding your postcode to all mail.
Which got me thinking – it really is a difficult job being a postman, isn’t it? Just look at the job description from Royal Mail:
You’ll need to be:
- The sort of person who enjoys working with other people, as well as on your own.
- An early riser (early starts are likely)
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- The face of Royal Mail
- Able to carry mail pouches up to 16 kg (35lbs) in weight
- Able to carry and lift mailbags up to 11kg in weight
- Able to push trolleys of up to 250kg
- The holder of a full driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points